Sunday, 16 March 2008

I hate dead webpages and blogs that fade!

My studies are still clamped down on my mental topography, taking up a disproportionate amount of mental space compared to the actual time spent studying.
Getting the right work-life balance is always a challenge but adding university-level study to the mix is making it much harder. It's easy enough to get good enough grades to pass everything, but in the long term sufficient grades don't count for jack if you want to get more than just an ordinary degree.
I'm confident I have the ability to get a first class honours, but would the amount of time that would take from all the other sections of my life be worth it for what pretty much amounts to just intellectual bragging rights?

Everything is a compromise, and there are many different balances to be struck - yesterday someone made the observation that I liked a challenge... I certainly do have a sense of momentum at the moment.

No comments: