Sunday, 6 September 2009

Each month I'm having my gym trainer mix up my training, but this month it's stayed the same, except that I got him to check my form with it all and it's thrown up a lot of useful feedback.
I suppose the core of the current regime is Olympic weights every second day, never something I look forward to but through habit I'm just getting on with it & getting it over with. Through discussion of my workout/nutrition habits it's shown me I'm taking to much rest between sets so now I'm limiting all rest to no longer than 20 seconds. Phew-ee! I felt the difference in intensity instantly and have had to significantly cut what I was previously lifting. It's a bit galling to see weights come _off_ the bar rather than more on, but I'm working my way back up - this time with a bit more understanding of why my progress has been slow.

The best thing about cutting back on my rest is that I'm now spending less time in the gym doing something I don't like. Huzzah! I know a lot of people _love_ lifting and get really psyched about it, for me it's just something to endure to get results. I'll have to take some time pondering what they get out of it that enthuses them so much.

No comments: