Friday, 1 May 2009



Huzzah! My muscles are so tight that they've dragged my pelvis out of alignment! Yay!


Why Yay? Cos it explains a host of physical things that have been bugging me for ages.


Just back from my gym trainer and after my normally sore back (for threeish years)had been bugging me more than usual so I got him to take a look at what's up.

I've know for years that my muscles were overly tight, but I've never connected it properly with the lower back pain I get on one side, or why my weightlifting usually only gets so high before my form completely falls apart, or several other physical niggles.


He popped it back in place, though I couldn't hear it, and apparently It'll hurt like a hurty thing tomorrow. The forced 2-person stretch however _did_ hurt, muscle-twisting-off-bone hurty. I was shown a load of stretches that I _blatantly_ couldn't do but can think of as a challenge so will have to practice by myself frequently to get some proper mobility around the hips. (thankfully one of them can be done while playing video games!)


My lifting will have to drop down to about 60% until I can get aligned enough to get proper form, but that's fine, I'd rather do things right than 


I'm quite glad it's been identified. I was starting to plateaux again and it was robbing me of motivation. I could see things were going wrong but couldn't place where the problem was originating from so was starting to think I just wasn't pushing myself enough.

No comments: