
Just played Xmen Origins Wolverine for the first time.
Damn is it fun!
I normally get a bit bored with 'walk along path - mash X button till everything that jumps out at you dies - rinse - repeat' gameplay, but this movie tie-in has enough charms to cover over the base story progressing mechanic, this is unlike Afro Samurai, which I played a couple of days ago for an hour and a half and will never again play.
Afro's unique art-style is certainly nice to look at, and by the very nature of being cell-shaded doesn't have to agaonise over how far into the uncanny valley it goes, it just isn't engaging. I suspect i I'd watched the anime I'd have given it a longer try, as character familiarity is certainly a big bonus for my opinion of the Wolverine game. I shall enthuse later.

No comments:
Post a Comment